Guia comercial de Albacete Tourist services ALBACETE Albacete
Guia comercial de Albacete Tourist services ALBACETE Albacete

The Plaza de Toros de Albacete bullring is the Spanish city of Albacete

Popularly known as "La Chata", José María de Cossio called it "one of the most excellent of Spain" in his monumental treatise bullfighting "The Cossío", one of the most important of the country.1 Among other things, It stands for the number of bullfights held throughout the year (26 in 2011), more than many top-notch places Spain and France.

characteristics

The Plaza de Toros de Albacete has a clear Moorish influence, manifested in the turrets and the main door with a horseshoe-shaped arc. In addition to the broad tended, it has an extensive deck stands and all dependencies necessary to hold bullfights.

In 1918 the stands were reformed, placing them Novelda stone, which is currently still exists. In 1921, the cover was changed and some twenty years later the capacity was expanded.

It is set, like all places, in typical buffer zones, lines and boxes. It has chapel services, nursing, as well as dependencies goal and saved.

It is a free building, and as such, without mediators, surrounded by the sidewalk and an esplanade where a parking area is located, from which through the horse yard, attached to the stockyards of bulls, is the back entrance by accessing the workers and all materials needed for any show, whether concerts, operas and of course, the show by definition is built for this space, bullfights. The current corralero of the square is Juan Francisco De Lamo, better known as Munera.

History
The first bullfights: Plaza del Altozano

The city of Albacete has a strong bullfighting tradition that goes back centuries. In 1564 the minutes of city council, dated May 29, agree to the holding of bullfights in the Plaza del Altozano (city center at the time) on June 24 to celebrate St. John, patron of the town.

The first work bullring built in Albacete dating from the late eighteenth century and was located on Paseo de la Feria. It was popularly known as the Square "Caulín", in memory of what was his first employer. Following this new one built.

The second bullring (XIX century)

The second Albacete bullring was built in 1829 at the growing crowd that was acquiring bullfighting in the city. Opened on September 9, 1829 by Juan Jimenez righties "The Morenillo" Lucas and Manuel Blanco, the bulls belonged to the currency of Fernando Freire and Gil Flores. For his ring they passed the leading figures of the time.

The square was circular, measuring circle 34 meters in diameter, and comprising two floors. While the first was intended to lay, with many rows of seats, the second it was to bleachers and boxes. The materials used in its construction were stone, earth and brick. In a time when Albacete had just over 17,000 inhabitants, the bullring was designed to accommodate 7400 people.

It had four doors for public service and 10 stairs to the localities. Among the servants quarters of the runs were: three blocks of horses, two pens, with separation to have the same number of runs; an infirmary with three beds; three rooms for counseling and administration, one of which was enabled by days of racing for chapels. In addition, the had rooms that were rented outside of housing.

It underwent some repairs, minor, which did not change the order and division had. It was demolished in 1916 to build the present place.

The current square 1917

In the twentieth century, in 1916, the then mayor Francisco Fontecha proposed building a new plaza at the state of deterioration that had the above.

The September 20, 1916 a meeting at City Hall to discuss the matter was held, and after exposure of the mayor construction of a new bullring was first proposed arguing the aforementioned grounds of lack of security and old arena the certainty that the new square could give more splendor to the Fair and consequently attract more outsiders. The positive response of many attending the meeting was immediate and was accepted by acclamation. In such a situation as favorable for change, the albacetenses and in front of all the municipal corporation hands were put to work without delay and opened at the same ceremony at City Hall a popular subscription, which initially reached the amount of 299,750 pesetas subsequently raised to 338,250 pesetas, an increase of other partners joined the idea. Despite the difficult economic situation at the time, shares of 250 pesetas payable in 10 monthly payments were made, granting the City the right to redeem them by year draws to broadcast.

It was formed by public deed executed before the notary Don Juan Ciller, on November 9, 1916, a corporation with the title of Bullfighting Albacete, for the construction and operation of a bullring, with a capital of 350,000 pesetas, then raised to 500,000.

It was established in its statutes that the mayor would always be Chairman of the Board of Directors, constituting it as follows: president, the mayor, who by that time was Don Francisco Fontecha Nieto, yet was elected member of the Board; Vice President Jose Mañas Guspi; Jose Cabot Jubany treasurer; Fontecha vocal Francisco Nieto, Don Garcia Adelardo Moscardó, Don Samuel Flores Flores, Francisco Sanchez Silva and Felipe Soto Fernandez; Secretary Joaquin Quijada Valdivieso. And solved a number of important obstacles, but now missing other also highly relevant, as the location would have the new bullring. They were conducting investigations to achieve the most appropriate and maximum return place and the location could not be other, logically, that land in the vicinity of the fair, because that way it would follow the tradition, being located the old arena in a nearby area and also he could give splendor and importance to the exhibition area.

Therefore, certain negotiations that led him some difficulties were made and end of all acquired Solar a patch of Dona Mercedes Alfaro de Lodares, which had a capacity of 7,005 m², to which an orchard of which he was later joined was Cortes Garcia Llanos owner Dona an area of ​​11,122 sqm. They were paid 17,512 pesetas the first property and the second 17,000 pesetas.

For the building of the arena a corporation called Taurine Albacete was created, choosing an architect Julio Carrilero. Construction began on February 17, 1916 and concluded in record time, on September 9, 1917, the day he was inaugurated and in which wrestled bulls of Don Fernando Villalón and the trio conformed Rodolfo Gaona, Joselito and Saleri II.

In 1918, the stands were reformed, placing them Novelda stone, which is currently still exists. In 1921, the cover was changed and some twenty years ago the capacity, which is currently 10,000 people remains extended.

In 1961 it opened next to the front door of the Plaza de Toros de Albacete Chicuelo II the sculpture in homage to the famous bullfighter Albacete.

Celebrations and activities

The bullring in the city of Albacete celebrates its great celebrations during the Feria de Albacete: Albacete Bullfighting and heifers. Another major events held in this square is the Corrida Asprona, which brings together the leading figures of bullfighting.

In addition to the typical bullfighting, bullring's own events, also regularly hosts various events such as concerts. It also hosts many times the arrival of the Magi to the city of Albacete, which usually do helicopter landing in the square.