Provincial Historic Archive of Albacete
The Provincial Historic Archive of Albacete (AHP) was created by decree in 1931 and is located in the Spanish city of Albacete.
History The Provincial Archives are created by decree of November 12, 1931, although since its creation must distinguish several stages in the evolution and consolidation of these centers; the Albacete starts operating in 1938, by order of the Chief of the Archives of the Central Council, in which it is stated that should consist of "Notary Protocols, Judicial Archives, church, individuals and if possible municipal ". At a local Secondary School in 1939 some funds were transferred to the Regional Court and later the new institute, occupying a rack attached to the Public...
Maria Cristina Channel
Maria Cristina Channel is located in Albacete (Spain) channel
Is the work of hydraulic engineering made larger in Albacete throughout its history. It was created by Royal Decree of Charles IV in 1804, beginning its construction the following year, in 1805. With a length of 32 km, it runs through the town of Albacete in southwest-northwest through the city, and flows into the river Júcar. Place names The channel has received several names throughout its history: Royal Canal Albacete (at first), Maria Cristina Channel, National Channel Channel Channel Albacete and again Maria Cristina, its final name, in honor of the Queen infrastructure...
Cabot House is a stately landmark Art Nouveau building of the early twentieth century in the Spanish city of Albacete.
History The building was built between 1922 and 1924 in the emblematic Calle Ancha capital of Albacete, designed by architect Miguel Ortiz and Iribas commissioned by Joseph Cabot Jubany, former mayor of the city. characteristics Children Sculpture ball. The building, Art Nouveau facade has a high architectural value where stands the Baroque architecture. Highlights include cornices, pilasters, capitals and balconies accentuate the sharp relief of its facade. Atop the building is the sculpture of the Children of the ball, which can be viewed as three children holding the globe....
La Casa Perona is a rococo palace of the late eighteenth century in the Spanish city of Albacete
History Perona house was built in the late eighteenth century on the emblematic capital of Albacete Fair, one of the oldest in the city, in the neighborhood street fair. Later the building was renovated in the XIX, XX (1920) and XXI (2005) centuries, when it was remodeled by the Regional Government of Castile-La Mancha to host the headquarters of the Ombudsman of Castilla-La Mancha. The simplification and rationalization of administrations wiped this body of regional government. It currently houses the headquarters of the Regional Government of Castile-La Mancha in Albacete. ...
Casino Primitivo Albacete
The Casino Primitivo is an emblematic modernist building from the first third of the twentieth century in the Spanish city of Albacete.
History Opened in 1849, it is the oldest casino Albacete. Its first headquarters was located in the house of Pertusa Rosario Street in 1854 until he moved to Main Street. However, the current building was constructed in 1927 at Tesifonte Galician capital of Albacete, one of the most important city on the occasion of enlargement in this way its second seat, which became too small. characteristics The building, Art Nouveau, "pretends the prelude to a nineteenth-century theater" 11 is the work of architects and Manuel Munoz Carrilero July. The...
Renaissance XVI and XX century
History The area was inhabited by basetanos (Iberian people), although the origin of the city is Muslim. It was called by the Muslim Al-Basit (the Plain), and corresponds in its origins with a small Muslim farmhouse (IX century). Albacete was reconquered in 1241 by Paio Peres Correia on behalf of the King of Leon, Ferdinand III. In 1269 it is delivered to the town of Chinchilla from which depended until 1375 that was declared independent town of Chinchilla segregating. In 1833 it became the capital of the province, and in 1862 was declared a city by Queen Elizabeth...
The Fontecha chalet, also known as home Fontecha, is an emblematic Spanish palace from the early twentieth century
Description Mansion example of architectural and urban typology that characterizes residential constructions of the first quarter of the twentieth century. This type of detached house or a single dividing wall was characteristic of the lots that are in the area between the so-called Park Canalejas (current Abelardo Sanchez) and its surroundings, as the last section of the street Tesifonte Gallego where it is located the property subject of the statement. The building, designed by architects and M. Muñoz Carrilero July, according to project 1922, is a typical example of the...
Deposits del Sol
Deposits del Sol are some iconic water reservoirs in the Spanish city of Albacete.
Currently housing the Municipal Library of Deposits del Sol, headquarters of the Public Municipal Library Network Albacete. History The need to stock up on drinking water in 1921 led to the construction of water reservoirs. The site chosen for this was the Ejidos del Sol, one of the highest areas of the capital. After serving the city for many years, the facilities fell into disuse. In 1994 the city of Albacete projected recovery Deposits del Sol as a cultural space, specifically as municipal library. The new library, headquarters of the Network of Public Libraries Municipal de...
The building is an emblematic Legorburo rationalist twentieth century cubist building located in the Spanish city of Albacete.
History The building was designed in 1935 at Tesifonte Galician capital of Albacete, corner of Main Street, in the heart of the city, architects García Pérez Pellicer and Villena. It was built in the 1930s in a context of strong growth and booming city of La Mancha. characteristics The building fits into the more refined rationalism influenced by New York skyscrapers and German expressionism, becoming the leading exponent of Cubism rationalism and Castilla-La Mancha.
Building Sub Defense (Albacete)
The building of the Defense Sub, also known as Sanatorium Arturo Ortiz Cortes, is a unique building from the early twentieth century.
History Its history dates back to the early twentieth century. Arturo Cortes first Republican governor of Albacete and physician, commissioned the construction of a sanatorium municipal architect Daniel Rubio. The landmark building was released in 1920. Later it became a center of recruitment for compulsory military service and military government to its current use as headquarters of the Defense Sub in Albacete. characteristics The current building is the headquarters of the Ministry of Defense in Albacete. It is located in the heart of the capital of...
Flour Factory of Albacete
Flour Factory of Albacete, also known as flour mill San Francisco or flour mill Fontecha
It is an emblematic modernist government palace located in the Spanish city of Albacete. History The Flour Factory of Albacete was built in 1916 in the Paseo de la Cuba and inaugurated on January 24, 1917. It was the work of Daverio Henrici & Co. House Zurich commissioned by the firm Fontecha and Cano SA to house factory flour production. Industrial design followed the European model of the time, which included, in addition to the factory, a complex of housing for workers, docks, workshops and warehouses, all surrounded by a fence. Factory for 50 years became one of the most...
Source of the Frogs
Emblematic monumental fountain
The Fountain of the Frogs is an emblematic monumental fountain in the center of the Spanish city of Albacete. Built in memory of Dionisio Guardiola, it was inaugurated in 1916 in the center of the current Plaza de Gabriel Lodares, having chaired several places in the city until, in 2007, it was moved to its current location, the roundabout located between the Paseo de la Liberty Avenue Station, the Paseo de la Cuba and Calle Mayor Conangla. History The Fountain of the Frogs was built in memory of Dionisio Guardiola having been proposed in 1913 by the Company of Water of...
The Tree Festival is one of the largest, oldest and emblematic urban parks in the Spanish city of Albacete.
With 61 719 m2, it is located west of the capital, between the Avenue of the Toreros, Crossing Lerida, Lerida Street and the street Our Lady of Montserrat. Deposits houses the iconic Water the Tree Festival, symbol of the city. History Walk to the park entrance of the Tree Festival. The Park Tree Festival was created in 1906 in a land known as "The Eye of the blade" donated by the city of Albacete to celebrate the Day of the Tree Festival at the request of the president of the Agricultural Chamber. At celebration or party they planted trees, hence the name Park Tree Festival, which...
Gran Hotel Albacete
The Gran Hotel Albacete is a modernist building from the early twentieth century architect Daniel Rubio situated in the Spanish city of Albacete.
It represents one of the most important examples of modernism of Albacete, with an eclectic facade where Renaissance, Gothic and Plateresque styles are also alternated. The Grand Hotel was promoted by Gabriel Lodares in 1910, designed by architect Daniel Rubio in 1915 with the name "Grand Hotel for travelers" and completed in 1920. It was the pioneer of the tourism and hospitality industry of luxury in Albacete replacing inns typical of the time. It was a meeting of the International Brigades during the Spanish Civil War, being Albacete host the headquarters of them. The building was...
Fatima Church (Albacete)
The Church of Our Lady of Fatima, better known simply as Fatima Church, is a temple of catholic cult located in the Spanish city of Albacete.
History The Church of Our Lady of Fatima was built in the mid-twentieth century as a parish on the outskirts of Albacete. It is situated in a working class neighborhood, which has been progressively incorporated into the urban area of the city as it has experienced significant growth. characteristics The temple has a courtyard through which you access the parish chaired by a cover with twisted columns and an imposing bell tower. It is located in the Fatima neighborhood of the capital of Albacete. Part of arciprestazgo number 2 in the city, belonging to the Diocese of Albacete.
Church of the Immaculate Conception (Albacete)
The Church of the Immaculate Conception, also known as La Purisima is a temple of catholic cult located in the Spanish city of Albacete.
History In 1705 La Purisima Concepcion was a hermitage. In 1876 he became parish clerk. In 1885 the temple is restored. In 1901 he became an independent parish. characteristics The building retains a cover of the eighteenth century. Inside an altarpiece Churrigueresque origin is decorated with Solomonic columns of style from the now defunct Justinianas Convent of the Conception (built in 1571) and a semicircular attic. The temple is located within the Carretas-Huerta March Albacete capital district.
Bachelor Institute Sabuco
Historic building, public secondary school education.
The Bachelor Institute Sabuco is a historic building and public secondary education center located in the Spanish city of Albacete. Historical Institute declared by the Government of Castilla-La Mancha, it depends on the Ministry of Education regional. Created in 1839 (although other sources point to 1840 as its founding date), it was the first and only high school education Albacete until 1965, when the Institute Tomas Navarro Tomas opened. During the Spanish Civil War it became the headquarters of the People's Courts, place of execution, and was the headquarters and...
Botanical Garden of Castilla-La Mancha
The Botanical Garden of Castilla-La Mancha (JBCLM) is a 7-hectare botanical garden located in the Spanish city of Albacete. It is a real living museum of the vegetable world which houses over 1500 species and 100 000 plants, only 1 in the autonomous community of Castilla-La Mancha. It is also a scientific center for the study of plants, their diversity and conservation, which hosts the Botanical Institute of Castilla-La Mancha, part of the University of Castilla-La Mancha.2 is a member of the Ibero-Macaronesian Association of Botanic Gardens . Location The JBCLM...
Monastery of the Incarnation (Albacete)
The Monastery of the Incarnation, now also known as Assumption Cultural Center
The Monastery of the Incarnation, now also known as Assumption Cultural Center, is a Renaissance church from the late fifteenth century, declared of Cultural Interest with the category of monument, located in the Spanish city of Albacete. It has had many uses throughout history. It currently houses the headquarters of the Cultural Center of the capital Asuncion and the Institute of Albacete, the Bibliloteca Tomas Navarro Tomas and the Royal Conservatory of Music and Dance in Albacete. History The temple was founded as beaterio the late fifteenth century, becoming monastery...
Archaeological Museum of Albacete
Not to be confused with Municipal Museum of Albacete.
The Museum of Albacete, also known as the Archaeological Museum of Albacete, is a state-owned museum institution managed by the Regional Government of Castile-La Mancha located in the Spanish city of Albacete. It represents the historical and cultural development of the province of Albacete, as part of the historical, artistic and cultural heritage of Castilla-La Mancha and proves to be a valuable archive for provincial archeology, with national projection for the quality of many of the findings produced . Its mission is to contribute to the knowledge of the people through the...
Museum of Cutlery Albacete
The Museum of Cutlery Albacete is a museum dedicated to the art of cutlery, so important in the history of the capital, located in the Spanish city of Albacete.
It is based in the emblematic Casa del Hortelano, mansion of the early twentieth century in the Cathedral Square, designed by renowned architect Daniel Rubio. It is a unique museum institution in the country and is part, along with the cities of Solingen (Germany) and Thiers (France), the group of three European museums dedicated to the cutlery in Europe, united under the declaration of Albacete Cutler defense industry with the slogan: "Three cities, three museums, three countries". U ocation and seat The building is located in the plaza of the Cathedral of Albacete...
Albacete Municipal Museum
Albacete Municipal Museum is a multipurpose museum located in the Plaza del Altozano of the Spanish city of Albacete
History Albacete Municipal Museum was opened in 1995 to occupy the seat that housed until 1986 the city of Albacete. Altozano Square was officially considered the center of the city in 1902 and the City installed its headquarters there in 1903, in the old Casa Cortés, remodeled by architect Martínez Villena and released in 1905 by King Alfonso XIII. Building The unique building, with brick facade and elongated windows, has a central tower that houses the famous clock that presides over the Plaza del Altozano, and that on December 31, was crowded to take the grapes...
Oratorio San Felipe Neri (Albacete)
Oratorio San Felipe Neri is a religious temple of Catholic worship located in the Spanish city of Albacete.
It was erected in the mid-twentieth century by the House of the Oratory of Saint Philip Neri in Albacete, with which it forms a group that occupies an entire block. It is located in the South Park neighborhood of the capital of Albacete, opposite the Abelardo Sánchez Park. On the walls and cover a large semicircular presbytery sits. The walls go up as cover without reaching the chapel Notre Dame du Haut in Ronchamp. For the remaining space runs a thin line of light overhead shot on the upward spiral that forms the roof over the altar, square stone walls separating the rest of...
Abelardo Sanchez Park
The Abelardo Sanchez Park is the largest urban green space in the Spanish city of Albacete,
120 000 square meters (12 ha), and the second oldest (after Jardinillos Park), which makes "The Park" par excellence of the city. Located in the heart of the capital, it is the largest urban park in Castilla-La Mancha. It is one of the most significant places in the city of La Mancha. History During the plenary session of the City Council of August 23, 1910 the construction of a park south of the city was decided, and whose construction would begin on February 23 next year. Construction work involved planting 12,000 pine trees and over 400 different species, with a total cost of...
The park Jardinillos
The Jardinillos Park is a flagship urban park in the Spanish city of Albacete.
It is one of the oldest parks in the capital, located near the Paseo de la Feria, the fairgrounds and the Plaza de Toros de Albacete. The historic Old Iron Gate Albacete is one of its inputs. History According to sources of the time, in the early nineteenth century they began to plant trees and plants where the park now stands, although gradually new plantings and changes in this area very nearby town would be made to the fairgrounds and Plaza de Toros . In the vicinity of this place existed, according to the chronicles, a small pool known as "La Mina", from which it supplied the...
Albacete Linear Park
Albacete Linear Park is an urban park elongated shaped straight line over 3 km in length located in the Spanish city of Albacete.
It is one of the largest and most emblematic urban parks in the city of La Mancha. Crosses the city from northwest to southeast in the area formerly occupied by the railroad Madrid-Cartagena. Of that past are still tied to the train remains as installing a light rail in the area known as wooden bridge, or the location on the locomotive Mikado Albacete, an old locomotive in front of the flour mill located, HQ various departments of the Regional Government of Castile-La Mancha in the capital. characteristics Linear Park from Plaza Elliptical through the streets Sawmill, Good...
Lodares Passage is a historic and monumental existing residential and commercial gallery in the Spanish city of Albacete.
History It was designed by Valencian architect D. Buenaventura Ferrando Castells in 1925, following a trend that came to Spain during the reign of Elizabeth II, evolved during the Bourbon Restoration and reached its peak in the s. XIX under the influence of other Europe.2 Gabriel Lodares had it built in the image and likeness of existing shopping centers in Italy, with flats intended for a public with high economic power, as well as commercial, which was raised as a particular and closed passage, although it is free passage from dawn to dusk to allow access to businesses located in it....
Plaza del Altozano
Altozano Square is one of the most famous squares in the Spanish city of Albacete, located in the heart of the capital.
Place names The square has received several names throughout its history: Plaza del Progreso, General Espartero, Gabriel Lodares, the Caudillo and Hillock (current). History The origin of the square sits in the 1570s, when the convents of San Augustine, which takes place today the Palace of Justice in Albacete, headquarters of the Superior Court of Castilla-La Mancha, and Justinian were founded, Current tax office. Already in the 1767 Plan of Albacete we can see the Plaza del Altozano. In 1814 King Ferdinand VII spent the night in the Palace of Count Pinohermoso, which stood on...
Plaza de Toros de Albacete
The Plaza de Toros de Albacete bullring is the Spanish city of Albacete
Popularly known as "La Chata", José María de Cossio called it "one of the most excellent of Spain" in his monumental treatise bullfighting "The Cossío", one of the most important of the country.1 Among other things, It stands for the number of bullfights held throughout the year (26 in 2011), more than many top-notch places Spain and France. characteristics The Plaza de Toros de Albacete has a clear Moorish influence, manifested in the turrets and the main door with a horseshoe-shaped arc. In addition to the broad tended, it has an extensive deck stands and all...
Posada del Rosario
La Posada del Rosario is a sixteenth century building, located in the center of the Spanish city of Albacete, declared a historic-artistic monument of national character.
The building, a square, Renaissance traits and popular regional structure, has a large central courtyard and two floors with galleries. Its use as an inn dating back to the eighteenth century. Originally it must have been a local noble residence. The building, renovated, has a study room with 184 seats.
The fairgrounds in Albacete, also known as the pot or the circles, is a permanent exhibition macroedificación monumental built in 1783, unique in the world, declared of Cultural Interest with the category of monument, located in the Spanish city of Albacete. Along with the Ejidos of the Fair, Paseo de la Feria or the Bullring, houses, from 7 to 17 September, the famous Feria de Albacete, declared of International Tourist Interest. Since its opening, it has undergone numerous additions and alterations. Albacete The Fairground is the epitome of La Mancha traditional architecture...
Teatro Circo de Albacete
Albacete Circus Theatre, also known as Circus Theatre is a historic stage area, declared of Cultural Interest with the category of monument
Albacete Circus Theatre, also known as Circus Theatre is a historic stage area, declared of Cultural Interest with the category of monument, located in the Spanish city of Albacete. It is the only theater of Spain maintaining a double scenic and structural functionality for both theater to circuses and theaters of the six existing nineteenth century circus in the world. At its heart it is held the prestigious International Circus Festival of Albacete each year. It also has a third functionality as Opera, Opera XXI as a member of the Association of theaters, festivals and opera seasons...